According to a recent report by Sensor Tower, TikTok was the most downloaded app in the first quarter of 2022, with a total of 36.9 billion downloads.
Most of the app’s growth occurred in the early months of 2020, during the pandemic surge when people quarantined at home.
Besides using it for entertainment, many TikTok users worldwide have been using the app to earn gift cards and cash.
By using a valid TikTok referral code when signing up, you get a sign-up bonus. You can also refer others using your referral link and earn rewards.
This article will discuss information on the TikTok referral code: what it is, how it works, and how you can use it.
TikTok Referral Code
When you open an account on TikTok and use the referral code (applied automatically with link), you can earn a $25 to $50 bonus. You can use this code to redeem free Amazon gift cards or cash.
With your TikTok account, you can also refer others and earn points when they join using your referral codes.
Ask your friends to use your TikTok referral code to start earning. The more people who use your code, the more rewards you can enjoy.
TikTok Referral Program
Through the TikTok Referral Program, you can earn points from referring friends to use TikTok.
The program will be provided for you for free, but you need to have a TikTok account to participate, and your referred friend should register for a new account using your TikTok referral code for you to start earning points.
If you’re wondering how to get your TikTok referral code, simple — all you have to do is visit the activity page of the app to find your unique link or invite code.
Usually, every TikTok user should be able to access their referral link or code in the app.
In cases when your TikTok Referral Code is not showing, there might be a spam account suspicion. When this happens, you will be ineligible to participate in the TikTok Referral program.
To invite your friends to join you on TikTok and use your TikTok referral code, go to your profile, tap the three dots located at the top right corner, and tap the “Invite Friends” option.
Enter your friends’ contact details and tap “send.” They’ll receive an invitation link to join the app, and you’ll earn points once they enter your referral code.
If your friends don’t know how to enter a TikTok referral code, ask them to tap the three lines located at the top left of the app, tap on the “add referral code” option, have them enter your code, and tap “submit referral code.”
What is TikTok?
TikTok is one of the most popular social media apps today that allows users to create, post, and watch 15-second videos shot on different devices, such as mobile phones and webcams. It’s known for its high levels of engagement due to its personalization options.
TikTok users can easily add different effects to their videos, such as backgrounds, filters, stickers, and even sound clips.
The app also enables users to collaborate on content made by other users through split-screen duet videos.
Presently, TikTok influencers have been using the app to offer pieces of advice and tips, as well as to promote their brands.
Some of the most popular topics in informational videos seen on the app are personal finance, cooking, beauty, and fashion.
Related: Here’s how to make money on social media.
How Does TikTok Work?
Similar to other social media platforms, TikTok users can follow other users and comment on other users’ videos.
Its basic function lets users film videos of themselves dancing, acting out sketches, or lip-syncing.
Videos can be up to 15 or 60 seconds long, but users can upload longer videos that were recorded outside of TikTok.
Who is Eligible for TikTok Rewards?
Aside from having an active TikTok account, you’ll be eligible for TikTok rewards once you meet the minimum age criteria set by the app:
- Users in Japan should be at least 20 years old.
- Users in Egypt should be at least 21 years old.
- Users in Korea should be at least 19 years old.
- Users from all other countries should be at least 18 years old.
How to Redeem TikTok Rewards Points
You can redeem your TikTok Rewards Points for actual money, as well as coupons and mobile top-ups in other countries.
To withdraw your rewards in cash, simply link your e-payment channels to your TikTok and withdraw your desired amount.
Pros and Cons of TikTok
After knowing what TikTok is and how it works, it’s time to talk about the pros and cons of the app. This information will help manage your expectations, especially if you don’t have an account yet.
- High-quality videos: Videos created and uploaded on the app are sharp and real. This ensures a seamless experience for all users.
- Easy to use: You’ll need a few minutes to learn how the app works. Everything in the app — including buttons are options — is pretty straightforward.
- Sense of community: You can find a big family on TikTok. In fact, many use the app to relate and vent about their problems at home, at school, or at work.
- Consumes time: Because the For You Page features never-ending 15-60 second videos, you’ll be unaware of the amount of time you spend on the app.
- Beauty standards: In an attempt to gain more followers, the app tends to promote unhealthy eating habits and beauty standards. This pushes children to compare their bodies to others, which can trigger eating disorders.
- App size: The app is too big and requires a lot of storage space. This can become a problem for individuals who own devices with inadequate storage spaces.
TikTok Promo Code
While you may also come across TikTok promo codes online, you can just as easily get the sign-up bonus by joining via a TikTok referral link.
After creating your account, complete your profile and the surveys presented over 7 days. You will get points you can redeem for multiple gift cards from retailers such as:
- Indigo and more
You can also redeem earnings for cash through PayPal or a Visa Prepaid Card.
If you’re looking for TikTok alternatives, consider the options below:
- IGTV: IGTV allows users to create small videos and upload them to their Instagram profiles. Similar to TikTok, other users can comment, like, and share your IGTV videos.
- YouTube Shorts: YouTube Shorts is featured in another section of YouTube, meaning you don’t have to download another app. It allows you to watch 60-second-long videos and swipe through them, similar to TikTok.
- Likee: Through Likee, you can share and view videos, play around with filters, and add different special effects to your videos. Most Likee users are young and are using the app to display their singing and dancing prowess.
Related: How to earn money on Instagram.
Start Earning From TikTok
TikTok has its own share of disadvantages, but as long as you’re disciplined in using the app, you can experience its perks and use it to earn. Just make sure to invite as many friends as you can to earn more!
How much does TikTok pay per referral?
You can earn anywhere from $30 to $50 in points every time you refer an eligible person.
How much are 1000 points on TikTok?
As of this writing, the current value of one TikTok coin is 1.3 cents, meaning 1,000 TikTok coins are equivalent to $13.5.
How much money is 29,999 coins on TikTok?
On TikTok, 29,999 coins are about $400.
Yes, as long as you’re at least 18 years old, have more than 10,000 followers, and have gained at least 100,000 views over the last 30 days, you can apply to the TikTok Creator Fund and start making money through the app.
Related: Read our detailed guide to starting an affiliate marketing business.