Survey Junkie is one of many online paid survey sites you can use to make money in your spare time.
Financial experts advise that having more than one income stream is vital to reaching financial independence faster.
But if you work a full-time 9-to-5 job, you know it’s easier said than done. That’s why many full-time employees wonder how they can monetize the little spare time they have and earn a few extra dollars.
Thanks to the Internet and modern cutting-edge technology. Today, you can get paid to do fun activities, like taking surveys while relaxing on the couch, waiting in line at the mall, riding the subway to work, or watching TV at home.
That’s where market research panels like Survey Junkie come in. It’s a top survey site that pays users to give their opinion or feedback on everyday products.
But before jumping in for a Survey Junkie sign-up, you should understand how it works and how you’ll get paid.
So is Survey Junkie legit? This Survey Junkie review lays out everything you need to know about the platform so that you can sign up with confidence.
Survey Junkie is a California-based market research panel that pays users to share their opinion through online surveys.
Formerly known as DISQO, this online platform has been in operation since 2005 under different names but was fully relaunched in 2011 under the name Survey Junkie.
Boasting a community of over 10 million members, the site connects everyday consumers with top brands and service providers seeking to improve their products/services through valuable customer feedback and opinions.
Thus, different brands pay Survey Junkie to conduct market research and test new products on their behalf. This helps companies understand better the needs of their target audience so that they can make better products/services that knock out of the pack.
To achieve that, Survey Junkie pays you part of its earnings to give your unique point of view through surveys.
You can take different types of surveys relating to everyday consumer products, tech products, travel services, financial services, or your shopping experience with different retailers.
How Does Survey Junkie Work?
Survey Junkie works pretty much like other market research panels, but unlike most other survey sites that offer different ways to earn rewards, the platform focuses mainly on surveys.
Here’s how Survey Junkie works:
Complete your profile
To get matching surveys, you’ll first need to complete your profile. Do a quick Survey Junkie sign-up to get started with the process.
Choose how you want to participate
You can earn rewards by participating in one or both of Survey Junkie communities, including:
- SJ Opinion: Under this program, you earn rewards by sharing your opinion via surveys and focus groups.
- SJ Pulse: This is a Survey Junkie add-on that earns you rewards automatically by sharing your digital browsing behaviors. You can download the SJ Pulse extension or opt-in on the Survey Junkie app.
The next step is to complete your first task. Navigate to the Survey Junkie dashboard and look through the available surveys. You must qualify for a survey before you can take it by answering some demographic questions relating to the subject of the survey.
Once you qualify, answer the survey to give your opinion and earn the rewards. Each survey shows the number of points, and the estimated time it’ll take. So you know exactly what to expect before you start.
How much you’ll earn with each survey varies based on the type of survey and length. 100 points are equivalent to $1, and you can expect to earn between $0.5-$3 per survey.
Signing up for Survey Junkie is free, but the site is only open to US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia residents.
Simply visit the website here and hit the Join Now button to sign up with a valid email address. Alternatively, sign up with your Google or Facebook account.
From there, answer simple questions to provide additional information like your ZIP Code, date of birth, gender, shopping habits, income, level of education, interests, living situation, and so on.
Survey Junkie uses that information to match you with relevant surveys.
Then go ahead and complete your profile to start earning. That’s how easy it’s to sign up for Survey Junkie!
How to Make Money on Survey Junkie
1. Paid Surveys
Just like other market research panels that include additional offers, Survey Junkie is offering paid digital surveys as its main feature to make money from the site.
You may be recruited to participate in online focus groups that involve meeting other people like yourself to discuss specific products or services.
The payout for this offer is around $25 to $100.
You can also earn rewards and maximize your earnings by participating in behavioral marketing research via the SJ Pulse add-on.
Under this program, you share your digital browsing activity, such as what you browse, sites you visit, online shopping activity, online content you engage with, and even the ads that appear on your device, in exchange for rewards.
You also stand a chance to get exclusive surveys and bonus points.
One great way to earn higher rewards on Survey Junkie is to participate in product testing activities which are available once a month or less.
The site will only invite you to a survey which will eventually send you a free product to test only if you opted-in to join the program the first time you sign up on the site.
The pay varies from $5 to $50 depending on the products that the partner brands will send you to test and review.
If you opted-in to join phone surveys, you can expect an occasional invitation to participate and provide your opinions over the phone regarding specific products and services. The average pay for each phone survey ranges from around $5 to $100, depending on the survey given.
Joining in-person focus groups will allow you to have a personal session with your fellow Survey Junkie members at a given date and location. The pay is around $25 to $150.
How Does Survey Junkie Pay?
For every survey you qualify for and complete successfully, you’ll earn rewards points. 100 points are equivalent to $1, and there’s a minimum earning limit of $10 before requesting payment.
Therefore, you are able to cash out your rewards once you hit 1000 points.
Survey junkie payout options include:
- PayPal: You’ll need to earn a minimum of $10 to cash out your rewards via PayPal. When cashing out via PayPal, you’ll have to redeem all your points.
- Gift cards:You can redeem all or a portion of your points for gift cards from top brands, including Amazon, Walmart, Visa, iTunes, and Target.
- Bank Transfer: You can also withdraw your earnings directly to your bank account.
- Several payout options: You can cash out rewards for gift cards, PayPal cash, or withdrawal directly to your bank account.
- Convenience: You can take surveys and accumulate rewards at any time from anywhere with the Survey Junkie mobile app.
- Simplicity: Survey Junkie focuses on paid surveys,offering a simple way to earn rewards.
- Extra ways to earn money: You can earn more and maximize reward through focus groups or sharing your browsing activity via SJ Pulse add-on.
- Survey-based income only: Survey Junkie doesn’t include additional offers like videos, shopping or reading emails to help users earn bonus points.
- May not qualify for many surveys: You answer redundant demographic questions only to find that you don’t qualify for the survey.
- Limited customer support: Survey Junkie doesn’t offer live chat or phone number customer support. You can only reach out via email.
- Site restrictions: People outside the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand aren’t eligible for Survey Junkie sign-ups.
There are a few things you can do to maximize your reward-earning potential on Survey Junkie, including:
- Complete your account: Earn 50 extra points for completing your account, 25 points for email confirmation, and 5 points for checking “how it works.”
- Be active on the site: Always be quick to check available surveys before someone else takes them. Again, you risk having your account closed and losing rewards if you don’t actively participate in surveys for one year.
- Get the Survey Junkie mobile app: Download and install the app. Take surveys from anywhere.
- Join focus groups: You stand a chance to earn more by participating in focus groups.
Survey Junkie Alternatives
Survey Junkie isn’t the only game in town. If the site doesn’t work for you, there are other market research panels that offer paid surveys and extra offers to maximize rewards.
Other alternative survey sites include:
Survey Junkie is a great place to be if you want to earn money by giving your opinion to shape how future products and services will look like.
So if you want a hassle-free way to make an extra $20, $30, or $50 a month during your spare time, Survey Junkie won’t disappoint you.
However, the survey site isn’t a get-rich-quick-scheme, so don’t expect to build Rome in one day there.
Survey Junkie FAQs
Is Survey Junkie legitimate?
Yes, Survey Junkie is a legitimate market research panel with a secure website and good ratings from the BBB website and Trustpilot.
How do I delete my Survey Junkie account?
Contact Survey Junkie customer support via mail to permanently delete your account. Once your account is deleted, it cannot be reinstated, and you’ll lose any unredeemed rewards.
How much can you earn on Survey Junkie?
Each survey comes with the exact points you’ll get after completing it. Generally, you can expect to earn between $0.5 to $3 per survey, or roughly $5 to $50 a month depending on your effort.
Which is better: Survey Junkie or Swagbucks?
Both market research panels are good depending on how you want to earn rewards. However, Swagbucks gives you more fun ways to earn money than Survey Junkie.
What happens to my account if I become inactive?
Once you become inactive, all the points from your account will expire. The only way to keep your points is to take a survey at least once in a year.