Questrade is the top independent brokerage platform in Canada.
You can use it to trade various investment products, including stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, options, and many others.
New clients can get $50 in free trade credits using our exclusive Questrade offer code link while also taking advantage of the following:
- Up to $150 in waived transfer fees
- Free Passiv Elite Membership (worth $99 every year), and
- Invest up to $10,000 free for one year if you open a Questwealth Portfolios account.
Best Questrade Offer Code
Use this Questrade promo code referral link for $50 in free trades. The promo code is now automatically applied; you don’t need to manually enter it.
Here’s how it works:
1. Open a Questrade Account by clicking on this link. On the page you are directed to, click on “Open an Account.”
2. Select the type of account you want to open, i.e., a TFSA, RRSP, FHSA, Forex, or margin account, and click “Add.”
3. You will see that the $50 Questrade offer code has already been applied to your new account. You don’t need to enter any code there manually. Agree to the terms and conditions to open your account.
4. Complete your investor profile and fund your new account with at least $1,000.
You should get $50 in free trade credits shortly after, and you can begin trading stocks, ETFs, currencies, GICs, and more.
Questrade $10,000 Offer (Questwealth)
The $50 Questrade promotional offer is for DIY investors who are comfortable making their own trading decisions.
If you prefer professional managers to invest on your behalf, you can use Questwealth, a robo-advisor firm owned by Questrade Inc.
Use our Questrade referral code referral link when signing up for a Questwealth account and get up to $10,000 managed free for the first 12 months.
Here’s how it works:
1. Visit Questrade to open a new account. Click on “Open an Account” on the page you are re-directed to and select Questwealth portfolio.
2. As shown in the offer code box, the Questwealth $10,000 offer code is already automatically applied. You won’t need to add a code manually.
3. Accept Questrade’s terms and conditions and proceed to complete your profile information.
4. Fund your account with at least $1,000. You can invest up to $10,000 on Questwealth and have the management fees waived for the first year.
Questrade has several other promotions running at any point in time.
Questrade Refer A Friend Program: Clients get $25 for every friend that signs up using their Questrade promo code. A $50 bonus is paid for every third referral.
Questrade MyFamily: You can combine assets with other family members on Questrade to take advantage of lower fees.
Passive Elite Membership: Passiv is a portfolio rebalancing tool that makes it easy to rebalance your investments when needed. This tool is also great for reinvesting your dividends and managing portfolios denominated in different currencies.
A Passive Elite membership costs $99 per year; however, Questrade clients get the service for free.
Questrade Transfer Rebate ($150)
Questrade will reimburse the transfer fees you pay when you move your existing investments at another financial institution to Questrade.
This transfer fee rebate is applicable for any account type, including Questrade TFSA, RRSP, RESP, or RRIF accounts.
It is valued at up to $150.
What is Questrade?
Questrade is an online brokerage platform established in 1999.
It has over $25 billion in assets under management and attracts hundreds of thousands of new clients yearly.
Questrade offers two main products:
- Self-directed Investing
- Pre-built portfolios (Questwealth)
Compared to many big banks, trading fees on Questrade are competitive.
For its self-directed platform, you pay the following fees:
|Stocks||1 cent/share ($4.95 minimum to $9.95 maximum)|
|ETFs||1 cent/share ($4.95 minimum to $9.95 maximum)|
|Options||$9.95 + $1/contract|
|Precious metals||$19.95 USD/trade|
Active traders get a rebate on some fees.
For Questwealth, the fees are based on your portfolio balance:
- $1,000 to $99,999: 0.25%
- $100,000+: 0.20%
The ETFs making up your portfolio have built-in management expense ratios (MER) ranging from 0.17% to 0.35%.
Is Questrade Legit and Safe?
Questrade is legit and safe.
The company is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canada Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).
CIPF membership protects your assets against insolvency up to $1 million.
In addition, Questrade protects your account with an additional $10 million in private insurance.
Questrade Promo Code FAQs
How do I get $50 from Questrade?
Use our Questrade referral link to get $50 in free trade credits. As a Questrade client, you get a $99 free Passiv Elite membership, and when you transfer your investments to Questrade, they waive transfer fees up to $150.
Is Questrade free?
Questrade offers no-commission ETF purchase; however, it is not free since you pay trading commissions when you buy and sell stocks, or sell your ETF holdings.
Is Questrade bad?
No, Questrade is one of the best brokerages in Canada in my opinion. It offers a variety of investment products and has advanced trading tools for more experienced investors.
Does Questrade give free stocks?
No. Unlike Wealthsimple Trade, Questrade does not have a free stock promotion.
Where do I get my Questrade referral code?
You can copy your referral code from the “Refer a friend” section of your account and share it with others.
Where do I enter Questrade code?
The Questrade coupon code is automatically applied in the “offer code” box when opening your Questrade account.
What is the best Questrade referral code?
The best Questrade referral code includes bonuses and a referral value of up to $300.
Does Questrade have a minimum investment balance?
Yes, the minimum balance you need to start trading in your new Questrade account is $1,000.
Does Questrade charge inactivity fees?
No, Questrade does not charge its clients inactivity trading fees.