Access to quality information, data, and advice is vital for wise investing. That’s where a stock advisor app comes in.
The best stock advisor websites help you access the information you need to make informed investment/trading decisions.
Some offer comprehensive stock analysis, market research tools, and wide coverage of market data and financial news, while others comp through the markets to pick and recommend the best stocks to buy.
In this post, I’ll give you short stock advisor reviews focusing on their top features and pricing so that you can choose the one that fits your investment needs and budget.
Best Stock Advisor Websites for 2023
The table below shows my pick of the best 13 stock advisor services.
|Stock advisor app||Best for||Pricing|
|Motley Fool Advisor||Market-beating, long-term stocks||$199/year|
|Motley Fool Rule Breakers||Growth stocks recommendations for growth-focused investors||$299/year|
|Seeking Alpha Pro||Investment research and stock recommendations||$69.99/mo or $41.99/mo if paid annually.|
|Morningstar Premium||Top analysts stock picks||$34.95 per month or $249 per year.|
|Stock Rover||Fundamental data analysts||Starting at $7.99/month|
|Zacks||Market/financial news and top stock picks||$249/year|
|Trade Ideas||AI-powered trading strategies||Starting at $84/month|
|Barron’s||Best for traditional investors||$4.99 per month|
|TradingView||Technical analysis and charting||Free basic plan|
|Benzinga Pro||Actionable market news and research for day/swing traders.||Free basic plan|
|Wall Street Zen||Part-time investors||Free basic plan|
|Yahoo Finance||Wide coverage of market data and financial news||Free basic plan|
|EDGAR||Original, raw market data||Free service|
What is a Stock Advisor Website?
A stock advisor website is an investment service that offers valuable information and tools that investors need to find investment opportunities and make informed investment decisions.
The best stock advisor apps offer a combination of several stock research tools, including stock screeners, stock analysis reports, real-time market data, news coverage, investing advice, and even stock recommendations from proven investment analysts.
Best Stock Advisor Websites and Services
In our research, we chose the best stock research websites based on their ease of use, what they are best for, the features and tools they offer, availability of mobile apps, and pricing, among other factors. More than 25 stock advisor websites were assessed and reviewed to develop this list.
To help you easily find the best investment advice website, I have grouped my list into paid and free stock advisor services.
Paid Subscription Stock Advisor Websites
Below is a rundown of the best paid stock advisor apps and websites that you can use to power your investment journey.
Motley Fool Stock Advisor
The Motley Fool is one of the best stock advisor websites known for recommending disruptive, fortune-building stocks like Amazon, Costco, Gilead, Priceline, and others before they went viral.
Their flagship service, Stock Advisor, works as a stock research and recommendation service reputed for delivering market-beating stocks.
Motley Fool investment experts and analysts scour the markets to find companies they believe will offer long-term potential to their investors.
They then recommend their investors buy at least 25 stocks to build a portfolio that aligns with their budget and interests and hold them for at least five years.
Since inception, the Motley Fool Stock Advisor has delivered a return of 312% vs S&P 500’s 102%.
Being one of the best stock picking service, the Stock Advisor goes for $199/year in exchange for the following services:
- Two new stock recommendations each month
- 10 timely buys picked from over 3000 stocks
- Starter stocks recommendations for beginners and seasoned investors
- Access to educational resources and a community of investors to help you make better investment decisions.
Motley Fool Rule Breakers
If you want to find and invest in high-growth businesses that have the potential to emerge as market leaders in the future, the Motley Fool Rule Breakers might be the best stock advisor service for you.
Under this service, Motley Fool experts carry out in-depth market research and high-quality analysis to find companies that bring disruptive technology, new business models, and clever marketing techniques.
Since these businesses break the rules and shake up the business status quo, they have the potential to create serious returns for investors who find them and invest early before mainstream investors discover them.
Some of the rule breakers that this service recommended before they went viral include Tesla, Baidu, Marcado Liber, Under Armour, and others.
Since its inception, The Motley Fool Rule Breakers service has delivered returns of 163% vs S&P’s 87%.
The service goes for $299/year in exchange for the following:
- Two new stock recommendations each month
- 5 best stocks to buy now picked from over 200 stocks
- Starter stocks recommendations
- Access to investing resources and a community of investors
Seeking Alpha Pro
Seeking Alpha PRO is among the best investment research firms.
The service is designed to deliver well-researched, cream-of-the-crop investment ideas to both professional and individual investors.
The PRO team helps you find profitable investing ideas which are hand-picked and delivered to you via email.
They also present compelling research across all industries and sectors and publish 200+ articles daily to help you filter the market noise and get a unique perspective
A Seeking Alpha PRO subscription comes with a 14-day free trial before your credit card is charged $69.99/mo or $41.99/mo if paid annually.
- Unlimited access to investment research and analysis
- Top investing ideas hand-picked by in-house experts
- 4-6 handpicked ideas sent daily
- A curated list of short opportunities
- Smart screening and filtering tools to find content and investing ideas
- Streamlined, ad-free experience
- A personalized, VIP customer service via phone and email
- Weekly digests on best and latest ideas, stock calls, newsletters, and exclusive interviews.
- A professional community to exchange ideas, comments, and feedback
Morningstar is one of the best free stock analytics websites.
Their basic plan offers free stock research tools and screeners for stocks, ETFs, funds, bonds, and sustainable investment.
It also offers wide coverage of financial data, news investing articles, charts, in-depth information about financial markets, and insights into personal finances.
There is also the Morningstar Premium membership service that offers investment picks from 150+ independent analysts to help you cut the noise with clear research, ratings, and actionable analysis.
Morningstar Premium comes with a 7-day free trial, after which you will pay $34.95 per month or $249 per year.
- Independently researched analyst reports and ratings.
- Account aggregation to view all your accounts’ performance in one place.
- Watchlists to track investment ideas
- Screeners to filter assets using comprehensive performance and valuation metrics
- Personalized insights tailored to your portfolio’s holdings, watchlists, and preferences.
- Pre-filtered investment lists created by analysts
- Portfolio X-Ray to evaluate your portfolio from different angles
Stock Rover is the best investment advice website for buy-and-hold investors.
It is reputed for providing a wide range of useful, context-appropriate information and extensive customization to help investors carry out in-depth fundamental and technical analyses.
The site enables users to find, evaluate, and compare investment opportunities in more than 8,500 North American stocks, 4,000 ETFs, and 40,000 funds.
It also comes with over 140 pre-built screeners, which you can modify or create your own custom screeners from scratch.
Top features that make Stock Rover hard to beat include:
- Powerful, flexible stock and ETF screening
- Watchlist tracking
- Comprehensive research reports on companies
- Brokerage integration and portfolio management
- Detailed portfolio analytics
- Comprehensive charting capabilities
- Trade planning and rebalancing tools
- Correlation analysis
- Real-time text and email alerts
- Powerful investment comparison
- Current and historical stock scoring
- Up to 10 years of detailed financial history
- Future dividend income projections
- Stock fair value & margin of safety
- 260+ chartable financial metrics
- 180+ ETF screening metrics
Stock Rover is not a free stock advisor, and to access its powerful research tools; you’ll have to pay to play. To that end, it offers 3 plans, namely.
- Essential: $7.99/month, $79.99/year or 139.99/ 2 years
- Premium: $17.99/month, $179.99/year or $319.99/ 2 years
- Premium Plus: $27.99/month, $279.99/year or $479.99/ 2 years
Zacks Investment Research
Zacks is one of the best investment advice websites. It offers subscription-based stock-picking services to help investors find winning stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, and even cryptocurrencies.
Their flagship product is the Zacks #1 Rank List which features a private list of the top 5% stocks with the most potential.
Since 1998, it has delivered an average return of +24.5% per year, and more than doubled the S&P 500.
Zacks Premium service comes with a 30-day free trial, after which you pay $249/year in exchange for the following services:
- Full access to the Zacks #1 Rank List
- Daily updates of the Zacks Rank
- Focus List portfolio of 50 longer-term stocks
- Access more than 45 custom stock screeners to reveal winning stocks
- Equity research reports for more than 1,000 most widely followed stocks.
- Zacks Earnings ESP filter to identify the best earnings stocks.
- VGM( Value, Growth, Momentum) style scores to help you find stocks that fit your investment style.
- Access the Zacks Industry Rank to find stocks with the most potential in more than 250 industry groups.
Trade Ideas (TI) bills itself as a top stock scanner for active traders, hence one of the best stock advisors for day trading.
The platform employs a powerful AI engine called Holly that uses 70+ proprietary algorithms to comb through fundamentals, technicals, earnings, social media sentiment and more to pick and recommend stocks in real-time.
Top TI features include:
- Powerful charting software and stock scanners
- AI-powered strategies to automate your trading
- Get 5 new trade ideas via email every Monday via their new ALERT index newsletter
- Real-time simulated trading to backtest your trading strategies
- Free live trading rooms for actionable trading guidance
- Real-time streaming trade ideas
- AI suggested Entry & Exit signals and real-time price alerts
- Risk analysis and performance tracking.
- Integrates with ETRADE, IBKR, and TD Ameritrade brokers to give you free-to-low cost trading and portfolio management
TI offers both desktop and web platforms, and you’ll pay a premium to access its amazing stock research tools and services.
The platform offers two plans priced as follows:
- Standard: $84/month or $999 annually
- Premium: $167/month or $1999 annually
Barrons is a top stock advisor website for traditional investors.
The Barron’s magazine, available in print and digital formats, has been providing investors with market advice and analysis since 1921.
It is reputed for its market-moving stories that savvy investors need to stay in touch with global economic trends, gain confidence, and invest wisely.
A Barron’s subscription goes for $4.99 per month and comes with a 30-day free trial.
- Ideas and insights to profitably manage your portfolio
- Daily exclusive market insights and investing analysis
- Full access to Barrons.com
- Barron’s latest stock picks
- Real-time analysis and commentary from top Wallstreet minds
- Saturday delivery of the Barron’s newspaper
- Comprehensive weekly review of the market
- In-depth reports and predictions of the markets in coming days/weeks.
- Barron’s mobile and tablet app to manage risk and protect your investments on the go.
Best free stock analytics websites
Most free stock advisor websites offer both free and paid plans.
Free plans come with the bare minimum features and may contain ads, but you can always upgrade to a paid plan to unlock more features.
TradingView is the best free stock analytics website for stocks and crypto traders who use technical analysis to power their trading strategies.
The stock trading software connects to more than 50+ data feeds to give you real-time streaming data, and offers powerful stock screeners to enable users to research all manner of market securities, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, futures, indices, FX, and bonds.
Its stock charts come with hundreds of pre-build and thousands of company-build indicators and are integrated into all major stock and crypto exchanges to enable you to trade directly from the charts.
TradingView top features include:
- Powerful market screeners for stocks, FX, and crypto
- Integrates with 130+ stock exchanges and 40+ crypto exchanges
- Comprehensive newsfeeds
- Stocks and crypto heatmaps
- Earnings and economic calendars
- 100+ pre-built indicators and 50+ smart drawing tools
- Multiple time frames, from 1 minute to one month, which enable you to conduct a multi-time-frame analysis.
If you can bear annoying ads, you can get started with the basic plan, which offers more features and research tools than most other stock research websites.
Otherwise, you may want to upgrade to any of the paid plans to skip ads and unlock more features, including:
- Pro+: $17.95/mo
- Premium: $30/mo
Benzinga Pro is one of the best stock advisors for day trading. It not only offers daily trade picks but also stock alerts and a mobile app to enable day traders to track breakout stocks on the go.
The platform also offers TradingView’s charting engine, intelligent chatrooms to connect with other traders, trading mentorship, and access to actionable stock news and trading signals
Benzinga Pro’s top features include:
- Stock scanner and screener
- Real-time news that you can filter by source, category, watchlist, etc
- Real-time email and desktop alerts of important news/events
- Daily market movers(gainers/losers) that you can filter by market cap, period, sector, etc
- Signal alerts of block trades, price spikes, unusual options activity, and more
- Sentiment indicators to anticipate the direction or degree of price moves
- Customizable watchlists
- Audio Squawk to listen to headlines and news
- Direct chat with Benzinga’s newsdesk
- Ticker search to quickly find news, ratings, important stock data, and earnings
- A full calendar suite of earnings, ratings, economic data, and more.
Benzinga Pro offers free and basic plans that come with basic features, with quotes delayed by 15 minutes.
If you want to access real-time quotes and unlock more features, you could subscribe to Benzinga Pro Essential, which goes for $177/mo, or the Options Mentorship plan at $347/mo.
Wall Street Zen
Wall Street Zen puts itself forward as the best stock advisor service for part-time investors.
It employs automated stock analysis and data visualization to help you find quality companies using 100% transparent Zen Score and help you understand the stock’s fundamentals using 38 time-tested due diligence checks.
The basic plan is free but only gives you access to limited free stock fundamental research tools.
The premium plan goes for $19 per month or $150 per year, but you can try it for just $1, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
Top premium features include:
- Get buy, hold or sell ratings from proven analysts
- Powerful stock screener to uncover investment opportunities
- One sentence explanation for why a stock price moved.
- Zen Score and due diligence checks for unlimited stocks
- Forecasts, recommendations, and “Strong Buy” picks from proven, top-performing analysts
- Email updates for your watchlist stocks
- Unlimited access to analysts’ performance pages
- Advanced stock screener and screener export
- Bullish insider buys to see which board members and executives are buying their own stocks
Yahoo Finance Premium
Yahoo Finance is a top free stock advisor service that offers wide coverage of market data and financial news.
The site is great for beginners looking to research a wide selection of market securities, including stocks, funds, ETFs, cryptocurrencies, forex, futures, indices, options, and bonds.
Top Yahoo Finance Premium features include:
- Fair value analysis for stocks
- Research reports from Morningstar and Argus
- Investment/trade ideas based on your interests
- Company insights on leading indicators
- Markets digest newsletter and monthly educational webinars with Q&A
- Enhanced charting with auto pattern recognition
- Portfolio performance analytics tools
- Yahoo Finance community insights
The basic site is free but comes with the bare minimum features and annoying ads.
To get a streamlined experience and unlock more features, you may want to upgrade to Yahoo Finance Plus, which offers two monthly plans that are billed annually.
Both plans come with a 14-day free trial and are priced as follows:
- Lite: 20.83/month
- Essential: $29.16/month
If you want to get original information and accurate data about publicly traded companies, EDGAR is the best free stock website where you can get it.
The Electronic Data Gathering, analysis, and Retrieval system (EDGAR) is run by the SEC and contains a sheer wealth of information on all publicly listed companies.
Anyone can use the free stock research service to search the EDGAR database and download all types of registration forms, reports, and statements.
For instance, the Management Analysis (MD&A) section in annual reports is a key area that savvy investors use to get a view of how the management thinks about the company’s prospects.
Different types of information you can get include:
- Companies registration forms
- Annual forms 10-K
- Quarterly Forms 10-Q
- Forms 8-K
The downside of EDGAR is that it serves raw data, and you need the knowledge and expertise to pore over annual reports and analyze the information independently.
How do Stock Advisor Websites Work?
Stock advisor websites employ top industry and investment experts to bring you the latest market/financial news, analysts reports, investment advice, stock recommendations and the market data you need to make informed investment/trading decisions.
They also employ modern technology and software to give investors the market research tools they need to research and analyze different market securities on their own.
Are Stock Research Websites Worth It?
Yes, stock market research websites are the lifeblood of the investing world.
Without them, investors will struggle to find the information they need on a daily basis to make wise investment decisions.
That said, you shouldn’t buy a stock because it has been recommended by a stock advisor app. Remember that investment comes with risk, and the stock price can go either way.
Thus, it is always good to do your own research and due diligence and only invest what you can afford to lose.