If you are looking for a part-time job that pays well, you have come to the right place. In this article, we list some of the best-paying part-time jobs you can do to earn extra cash.
In some cases, you can even use these jobs to replace your day job because they pay more than the minimum wage.
Side jobs are here to stay as more and more workers want flexible job arrangements that allow them to work from remote locations.
Read on to see the best part-time jobs available and their pros and cons.
Best Paying Part Time Jobs
Below we cover some of the best paying part-time jobs you can start right away.
Whether you are a college student, stay at home mom, or 9-5 worker looking for extra income, these flexible part-time gigs can help.
With the geometric growth of social media, it is not as hard as you think it may be to make a few extra bucks with a blog. Many people are able to use various social media outlets to generate traffic that builds income.
You need to find your niche, but once you do you can create digital content that people pay for.
This gig can pay you up to $10,000 per month and you can start your own blog with just $3.95 per month using Bluehost.
- Write about what you love
- Huge income potential
- Countless subjects to cover
- Not easy to build a following
- Not easy to monetize
This is a relatively easy job that many people can do from home with an internet connection. Many freelancing or work from home programs offer proofreading as a task.
Proofreading jobs are widely available. For example, you may be hired to proofread educational texts, ad copy, resumes, or contracts. The pay scale varies and may be based on a word basis or by the job.
This Proofreading course will show you how Caitlyn earned over $40,000 per year offering proofreading services on a part-time basis.
You can also learn about the best proofreading jobs in the U.S. and Canada.
- You will generally be able to work from home for this type of job
- If you have experience in legal, medical, or foreign languages, you may be able to request a premium or work on higher paying jobs
- It is a tough market to get into, many people proofread for extra income
- Pay can be rather modest
3. Real Estate Agent
This is one of the best paying part-time jobs that you can get without a lot of hassle.
Get licensed as a real estate agent, and with a little socializing and a little paperwork, you could be cashing your first commission check.
If you are effective at selling, you may be able to turn it into a full-time revenue stream.
- Agents are always in demand
- Many people get their license in just a few weeks or months
- You need to pay to get licensed
- You will need to know your general housing market
- Relies heavily on social skills
4. Massage Therapist
For a few months in massage training and obtaining a license, becoming a massage therapist can bring a hefty check for those who are driven.
If you like building clientele and working directly with them regularly, helping them to relax and unwind, massage therapy may be for you.
- Low overhead, limited supplies needed
- You can specialize in a narrow field of massage, such as sport, Swedish, and so on
- Often you can work from home or rent a small space to run your own business
- This is another job heavily reliant on social skills and building clientele
5. Medical Research
This is not a hugely popular method, although it is one of the most high-paying, depending on the study or research you are part of.
Many companies and research bodies will pay for a volunteer to test medications or perform certain other medical tests in a supervised environment.
If you can qualify for this, you could be in for a nice payday.
- Medical research can pay a few hundred to a few thousand per person
- The experiments or trials are often not very long at all
- Many times your expenses will also be covered
- The trials or research projects are often very selective, and only accept limited subjects
- You may face a variety of dangerous side effects or medical consequences
- Paid medical research is usually in short supply
Related: Best Places To Sell Stuff Online.
Best Part Time Jobs From Home
A work from home part-time job means you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home to start earning.
6. Virtual Assistant
Virtual assisting is a growing field, particularly in a post-COVID job landscape. These are jobs that you can do from home and are often fairly simple.
Your job may involve booking hotels and travel arrangements for traveling executives, managing emails or website content, bookkeeping, and other similar tasks.
Virtual assistants can earn up to $30 per hour. Learn more about the jobs you can offer as a virtual assistant (over 75 different jobs!).
- The jobs generally do not require all of your time, so multiple clients are common
- Choose your own hours
- Work as little or as much as you want
- Since it is such a desirable part-time job, the market is relatively saturated
7. Online Tutoring
Online tutoring is growing in popularity as many kids transition to remote learning in a larger capacity. You can pick the subjects that you tutor, and you determine the grade or proficiency level.
This part-time job can be done privately, or there are a number of online tutoring sites you can work with. An example is VIPKid.
- Set your own schedule, set your own pay
- Tutor something you are good at or enjoy
- Have a hand in bettering a child’s education
- Since the pandemic, this has become another saturated market
- You will need to be an effective tutor to be able to do it entirely remotely
8. Remote Learning Teacher
Remote learning is seeing a surge like this country has never experienced before. With all of the recent upheavals in our kids’ educational routines, many are migrating to a purely remote learning experience.
You can choose to teach any number of subjects, and the requirements for teaching have been relaxed in many areas, due to shortages of teachers.
- Teach what you want
- Make some decent money from home
- Do not necessarily need a teaching certificate currently, check local laws
- You will need extremely reliable and fast internet service
- Teaching remotely will take a very patient individual, kids are challenging enough in person in a classroom
9. Freelancer Jobs
If you have a talent, you can probably find someone out there that will pay you to do it.
If you are experienced in any number of business matters, writing, app development, blogging, advertising, and so on, then you should take a look at freelancing.
You will need to find your niche, but once you do you can make a relatively comfortable living.
Online marketplaces to find freelancer jobs include Freelancer.com, Fiverr, Upwork, 99designs, and more.
- Nice income potential
- Do what you want for work
- Manage your own schedule
- You will need to know how to market yourself to clients
- You need to manage your taxes yourself
- The gig economy can be unpredictable
Best Online Part Time Jobs
We cover some of the most popular part-time jobs you can do online below. How much you earn depends on how much time you have at your disposal and your expertise.
Web development, content writing, and transcribing can pay you a lot more than minimum wage.
Related: Make Money Online as a Teenager.
10. Market Research
Market research is often encountered in the form of survey taking.
There are countless websites that will provide you with surveys to take for nominal pay. They are frequently very short surveys, though longer ones will pay better.
This job can be done from your home, mobile, or anywhere with internet access, and is an extremely popular way to make a few bucks.
- Super easy way to make some money
- Zero training or knowledge needed
- Most sites only require an email address to sign up
- Pay is often quite low, often 10-50 cents, or for longer surveys a dollar or two
- The payment method is usually a gift card, or sometimes a PayPal transfer
11. Content Writing
Many times you can find writing jobs that will pay by the word, in various corners of social media. You can find nearly anything to write about, and often you can pick up clients in Facebook groups or similar forums.
Other sites where you can find writing jobs include Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer, and FlexJobs.
If you are serious about making a business out of freelance writing, take a look at this writing course from Gina who makes thousands of dollars every month writing for clients.
- You can work as little or as much as you want
- You can determine your rates and pay method
- Not a ton of social interaction is needed
- You may end up writing about things you know nothing about
- The pay often isn’t great but it’s enough for a side hustle
12. Web Development
It may take a little studying, but beginning a side hustle as a web developer can make some serious income. You will need to start out small, but even small jobs can pay very respectably for what amounts to a few days’ work to build a site.
- High demand
- High-income potential, low stress
- You will need to find your market and customer base
- Requires more than basic HTML
If you have a keen ear, you mind find a good paycheck in transcribing.
There are several popular websites that will provide you with transcription work after passing some basic competency tests. You can choose what types of jobs and what subjects you take.
Pay is often per recorded minute, so the quicker you get an accurate transcription, the quicker you can move on to the next.
Check out this free Transcription course to get started.
- Some jobs pay extremely well, particularly if you are familiar with medical or legal terminology
- Many sites pay at least weekly
- Pay is often via PayPal or direct deposit
- Transcription can be exhausting and take longer than you’d think
- You need to be able to type relatively quickly to keep up and make good time
Part-Time Jobs FAQs
What are the best high paying part-time jobs?
Depending on the availability in your area, medical research gigs are frequently the highest paying part-time jobs. If you can’t find one of those or aren’t accepted for it, real estate agent, web development, or general freelancing are probably your next best options.
What is the best site for part-time jobs?
Rev is a site for easy transcription work, and other sites like Fiverr and TaskRabbit can help you find part-time work in a niche you enjoy.
What are the highest paying stay-at-home jobs?
Web development is near the top since it is a tech job in high demand, but close behind is going to be general freelancing which allows you to determine your own pay rate. One other work-from-home job that pays well is Proofreading.